6/09/2009

Film Adaptation Outline for Hills Like White Elephants aka Destiny is Born

I am not quite finish and I am still working through a lot of the details and back story but here are my ideas and what I have so far.

Title: 
I have changed the story so much because of the little we were given in the short story, and since so much of the story revolves around the title, I've decided to change it entirely. Destiny is Born will be the new title.

Character:
The American man and Jig will remain the same. I have added some more characters. Some friends to the American Man and friends of the Jig.

Setting:
The movie will be in present time, the movie will start in Ireland and move to America.

Plot/Conflict:
I want to keep Hemingway's plot. It will still have Man vs. Man, Man vs. Society, and Man vs. Self. The plot or conflict will be the same with lots of addition to the background set up i will provide so that the audience engages with the characters.

Irony: 
The Irony will completely change. The irony will be where Jig works, and the Job of of the American man. 

Symbolism: 
The symbolism will change. Because the setting changed. I will make sure that there is symbolism with in the plot, i am not sure what yet.


This is What i have so far

No comments:

Post a Comment